The terms ‘The Buckinghamshire Craft Guild’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to The Buckinghamshire Craft Guild whose registered office is Layby Farm, Old Risborough Road, Stoke Mandeville, Bucks. HP22 5XJ. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
We have set out below the terms and conditions which apply to the ordering of any products from the Website.
By placing an order, you agree to and accept these terms and condition:
- a) The material in the Website is copyright The Buckinghamshire Craft Guild or our content and technology providers. You are welcome to view, print and download the contents of the Website for personal use, but not for any commercial purposes or re-publication.
- b) The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- c) Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- d) Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- e) This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- f) Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- g) From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Our contact address is:-
The Buckinghamshire Craft Guild, Layby Farm, Old Risborough Road, Stoke Mandeville, Bucks. HP22 5XJ
You may also contact us by telephoning us on 01296 821218 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We have tried to ensure that information provided in the Website is accurate. However, we make no representation and give no warranty of any kind in respect of the information.
We do not accept liability for any loss (direct, indirect or consequential) which may arise from reliance on information contained in the Website or in respect of any error or omission, except in relation to death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
The description and specification of products in the Website is only approximate and we reserve the right to make changes which do not materially affect the quality or performance of those products.
We may correct any error appearing in the Website or withdraw any product from sale without incurring liability. Price and availability is also subject to change without notice.
The colours depicted in paintings or other artworks on this website may not be accurate, due to the nature of both computer operating system colour palettes and computer monitor displays.
You may order products from the Website by submitting a completed order form through the check out procedure.
We will confirm acceptance of your order by e-mail to the address you have given and the sending of this e-mail (whether or not it is received) makes the contract between us.
The price of the products will be the price quoted in the Website at the time we accept your order. The price will include any applicable value added tax, but not the cost of delivery.
In addition to the price, you will have to pay our delivery charges as quoted in the Website at the time we accept your order. The amount of these charges varies according to the country of the delivery address you specify in your order.
Payment is taken by our preferred electronic payment provider at the time we accept your order. The credit and debit cards we accept are listed in the Website at the time you place your order. Refunds will generally be made by means of a credit to your electronic payment account.
We will arrange for delivery of the products you order by the method and to the address which you specify in the check out procedure. We will endeavour to deliver the products by the delivery date or times stated on the Website, or by such alternative date or times as we may agree with you. However, the time for delivery will not be essential to the contract between us.
If you do not take delivery of the products or supply adequate delivery instructions, we may (but are not obliged to) cancel your order and retain the products. In this event, we will refund you the price of the products, but you will still be liable to pay any delivery charges.
If there is an error or any other delivery problem in respect of the products ordered, you must notify us in writing within 14 days after the delivery date. We will not be liable for any loss or damage if you fail to do this.
The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to any contract between us, so that no contractual rights are conferred on third parties.
Any contract between us shall incorporate these terms and conditions and be under English law. If there is any dispute, the English Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction.
If you are not satisfied with the goods, or have changed your mind, you have the right to cancel your order within 14 days from the receipt of the goods. In order to cancel, you must notify us in writing by email or post or by delivering the notice to the address given in para 2 above, , telling us that you wish to cancel the order and (should you wish to do so) your reasons for cancellation.
Please note, if you have chosen to finance the purchase of goods using an Own Art loan, if you cancel the order as above, your credit agreement with Hitachi Capital (UK) plc will automatically be cancelled. However under the terms of the credit agreement you also have a separate right to cancel the credit agreement as your preferred means of payment within 14 days from the date on which you signed the agreement.
You must return the goods to us in the condition in which they were received. You will be responsible for arranging the safe return to us of any unwanted goods by recorded delivery to our address at The Buckinghamshire Craft Guild, Layby Farm, Old Risborough Road, Stoke Mandeville, Bucks. HP22 5XJ, the costs of which will also be borne by you.
If you cancel the order you will be entitled to a full refund, excluding delivery charges, within 30 days after you have returned the goods to us in good condition.
Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
The Buckinghamshire Craft Guild is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
The Buckinghamshire Craft Guild may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from1 October 2010.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and delivery address
- contact information including email address and telephone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- other information relating to delivery
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Fulfilment of orders
- Internal record keeping
- to improve our products and services
In addition, provided you have consented for us to do so, we may use your personal information to send you information on our products and services. If you wish us to cease to use your personal information for marketing purposes, you may request us to do so at any time, by writing or emailing us at the address given below.
We may need to disclose your personal information to third party service providers such as mailing and handling houses. Service providers will only be given access to your personal information if they need it in order to provide services to us, and they are not permitted to use it for any other purpose or share it with any third parties.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure,we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and other procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer's hard disk so that the website can remember who you are.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the 'lifetime' of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
When you visit our website we send you a cookie. Cookies may be used in the following ways:
- to help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a number) when you return to our website and to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly
- to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our website. We cannot identify you personally in this way
- two types of cookies may be used on this website; 'session cookies', which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site, and 'persistent cookies', which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie)
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
- There are a number of ways to manage cookies. If you use different computers in different locations you will need to ensure that each browser is adjusted to suit your cookie preferences.
Some modern browsers have a feature that will analyse website privacy policies and allow a user to control their privacy needs. These are known as 'P3P' features (Privacy Preferences Platform).
You can easily delete any cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser. For example, if you are using Microsoft Windows Explorer:
- open 'Windows Explorer'
- click on the 'Search' button on the tool bar
- type "cookie" into the search box for 'Folders and Files'
- select 'My Computer' in the 'Look In' box
- click 'Search Now' Double click on the folders that are found
- 'Select' any cookie file
- hit the 'Delete' button on your keyboard
If you are not using Microsoft Windows Explorer, then you should select 'cookies' in the 'Help' function for information on where to find your cookie folder.
The Interactive Advertising Bureau is an industry body which develops standards and guidelines to support online business processes. Its website gives further details about cookie, web beacons and suchlike, and explains how they can be managed and disabled.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be charged. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Buckinghamshire Craft Guild, Layby Farm, Old Risborough Road, Stoke Mandeville, Bucks. HP22 5XJ
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at The Buckinghamshire Craft Guild, Layby Farm, Old Risborough Road, Stoke Mandeville, Bucks. HP22 5XJ or email email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.